Online video is proving to be a powerful marketing tool for many businesses. Video has moved from a ‘nice to have’ to a ‘must have’. Indeed, if a business is not doing video, they are now behind the competition, according to Sage Lewis, a leading Digital Marketing expert in a recent seminar.
- Video promotion is over 6 times more effective than print and online (b2bmarketing.net)
- Video is the most shared brand content on Facebook (Zuum)
- 76% of marketers plan to add video to their websites, making it a higher priority than Facebook, Twitter and blog integration (Social Media Examiner)
- A study by Comscore found that on average a website visitor will stay two minutes longer on a site when they watch a video
- 80% of Internet users recall watching a video ad on a website they visited in the past 30 days; 46% took some action after viewing the ad (Online Publishers Association)
- 81% of senior marketing executives now use online video content in their marketing programs, up from 70% in 2011 (MarketingProfs)
- Video results have appeared in almost 70% of the top 100 search listing on Google in 2012 (Marketing Week)
- "Video used to be a nice add-on for an e-commerce site, a frill that companies could feature or not, without obvious repercussions. That is no longer the case!
Today, video is a must have for e-business concerned with SEO (search-engine otimization), conversion rates and brand identification - essentially any company with an online presence and intent to succeed."Bloomberg Businessweek - July, 2010"